Premium quality molding powder is biocompatible in accordance with International Standards. It is non-toxic, skin safe, dust free and super safe for using on the new born baby and youngest child. Snygg Special formulation of the powder, exclusively meet the specific requirements for life casting parts such as baby hands and foots, adult hands, couples hands.
- Measure out required quantities and Place powder in a clean dry bowl.
- Powder/water ratio = 1:2 i.e. 1 cup of molding powder and 2 cup of water.
- Measure out the water and the powder required.
- Pour the measured water slowly into the bowl containing the molding powder and simultaneously stir the mixture vigorously using a electric blender to form a paste with homogeneous consistency. [Time limit : 90-120secs].
- Apply a drop of baby oil or moisturizer lotion to your fingers.
- Immerse the hand/foot into the bowl.
- Remain still until the paste turns into jelly.
- Make a slight wiggle and withdraw the hand /foot gently from the impression jelly.
- Pour Stone Casting Powder immediately or within 4 hours of making the mold.
- Leave the cast for 4 to 6 hrs and gently remove the jelly taking care of the delicate parts especially fingers.
Note: This Pack Contains Only Molding Powder.
Do’s and Don’t for making a Perfect Cast
- Hard water adds one or more additional chemicals to the mix and can have unpredictable results. Lumpiness is one. If you feel good about drinking your tap water- its most likely fine to mix with Molding powder. If you filter your water or drink bottled water- probably best to use that water to mix with Molding powder to minimize problems.
- Too thin or too thick a mix can cause lumpiness. If the mix is too thin, there isn’t enough internal friction to work out the dry spots in the mix. If the mix is too thick, there isn’t enough water to do the same. Careful measuring is critical.
- Use Cold water to increase the setting time of Molding mix. Cold water makes Molding Powder set slower.
Measure carefully, use good water and a good mixing technique and you’ll be fine. We test our Molding Powder rigorously and we don’t let bad product out of our warehouse.
Have fun with it.